Re: debian installer and automatic partition option

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:50:46AM +0200, Go do wrote:

> > What debian installer are you using?  sarge?  testing?  if testing what
> > date?  cd or dvd or floppies?  or the experimental gui installer?
> >

> Thanks in advance.
>
> When my system boots, I can see this message:
>
> This is a debian etch installation CD-ROM, built on 20060304.

That's what my downloaded .iso said too, so it's just fine.

> Although I downloaded DVD images :-?
>

> To answer other question:
>
> In boot prompt I only type "expert" (without ").

Alright.  I tried that.  When you selected 'partition disks' it should
have brought you to a screen that looks like this: [if you don't have a
graphical browser, it says 'erase entire disk...', 'erase entire disk
and use LVM...', and 'Manually edit partition table']

http://witts-end.cavein.org/~chris/img/qemu-screen.jpg

On that screen you should choose the last option, 'Manually edit the
partition table'

If you are already on this screen: [if you don't have a graphical
browser it says 'All files in one partition...', 'Seperate /home
partition', and 'Seperate /home, /usr...']

http://witts-end.cavein.org/~chris/img/qemu-screen2.jpg

You can select '<Go Back>' to choose to manually edit the partition
table.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then