Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN

On Saturday 22 April 2006 14:14, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> > Well, debian is pretty obvious about its purpose.  It's a link right
> > from the front page.  Maybe people should be choosing other distros if
> > they don't like bullet item number one of the social contract.  Debian
> > without the social contract would be just another distro.  In other
> > words, there would be no point to using debian without the contract.
>
>     Funny, the #1 point for most people is apt, not the social contract.
> #1 for *you* maybe.

Include my name in the list of "people for whom socila contract is the #1
point". I use debian because of its commitment to free software (which is part
of social contract) not because it has apt or some other cool software.

raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about