Re: skype too slow..

Frank Lanitz <linux@partysoke.de> writes:
>> But when i start a skype it's too slow..
>
> What do you mean, Skype is too slow?

I'm not sure what he's really saying, but ...  I do notice that while
skype works (mostly) fine once the skype app is running, it takes an
oddly long time to _start_ the app -- about 1 minute on my machine.

Oddly enough, there is no great amount of CPU or disk activity during
this long startup, so I have no idea what it's doing; maybe it's trying
to contact some non-existant server and timing out?  [It's a libqt app
for what it's worth.]

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]