newbie gateway question

I'm currently running Debian 3.1 - my default /etc/motd starts with the line:

Linux penskefile 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Mon May 16 16:47:51 JST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

My Windows XP workstation is currently my lan gateway box, also running Zonealarm. Would like to move the cable modem which connects to Road Runner over to the Debian box instead and have that be my lan gateway.

Debian's running on an 8 year old OEM machine with an AcerOpen motherboard that has two USB ports. The cable modem is working fine now connecting to a USB port on my XP box, so the question is what do I need to do to switch it over?

FWIW internet works fine on the Debian box now, and in fact I installed with the internet installation cd rom.

Thanks in advance,

Marty

--
Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Free Database Search App: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml