Re: good anti-virus software to use?

On 2006-04-21, Michael Schurter penned:

> Think of it this way: if you were a virus/spyware/malware writer who
> would you target?  95% of the market or 5% of the market?

Well, if *I* were a virus writer, I'd want to target linux because
it's more of a challenge.  The only reason I can see for writing
viruses and whatnot is to improve one's knowledge of the systems.

Then again, I would never do that to people, so I guess I don't have
much insight into such a person's mentality.

> Also, Linux users tend to be more technically minded and able to
> correctly administer their own computers.

This is still true, but as linux becomes more user friendly, more
people are using linux with less technical knowledge or interest.

--
monique

Help us help you: