Re: Thought on receiving two answers...

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 23:10 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I am sure I'm not the only one who gets mildly irritated with people
> sending replies both to the sender (my personal email address) and to
> the list. I am also sure I'm not the only one who accepts this practice,
> especially on mailing lists that are open for everyone to post to (as
> opposed to open only to subscribers). What I can't quite understand is
> why no-one has tried to solve this "problem". Or maybe I just don't know
> about it?
>
> AFAICS it would be possible to get mailing list managing software, like
> mailman, to add a header to email sent to lists indicating the senders
> preference. Then well-behaved mail clients can use that header as a hint
> when the user replies to a mailing list.
>
> What do you think?
>
> /M

The reason I think it is useful is because there might be a lag on the
messages on the mailing list. If you're dealing with an issue that you'd
like resolved ASAP the personal reply might be quite nice.

I for one see my own messages appearing on the mailinglist with quite a
lag. Sometimes a few hours, sometimes a day ...

Philippe De Ryck

(PS: posted this one only to the list :))