Thought on receiving two answers...

I am sure I'm not the only one who gets mildly irritated with people
sending replies both to the sender (my personal email address) and to
the list. I am also sure I'm not the only one who accepts this practice,
especially on mailing lists that are open for everyone to post to (as
opposed to open only to subscribers). What I can't quite understand is
why no-one has tried to solve this "problem". Or maybe I just don't know
about it?

AFAICS it would be possible to get mailing list managing software, like
mailman, to add a header to email sent to lists indicating the senders
preference. Then well-behaved mail clients can use that header as a hint
when the user replies to a mailing list.

What do you think?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Of course I laugh at my own jokes. You can't trust strangers.
     -- Phyllis Diller