Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Wulfy wrote:
Matthias Julius wrote:

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:
The "ae" is a poorman form of "æ".

In German it is perfectly legitimate to use "ae" instead of "ä" if you
can not use that for what ever reason.  It is just ugly.  The
character "æ" is used nowhere in German.

Matthias

But it is in Icelandic, along with "þ" and "ð". Should the Icelanders change the spelling of their words to fit the ASCII only systems that "most" people use?

Only if they want "most" people to read what they write.
Should people who use Hindi characters change?
How about Arabic? Hebrew? How about Linear B?

Why do we even want people only to post in English? Why not post
in whatever your native tongue is? I guess I'll switch to Spanish,
since that's my first language.

Muchas gracias por ensenarme una via mucho mas mejor. Ya puedo
usar la lengua que me mas gusta en toda la via de me vida, en
toda circunstancia.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.