Re: building rpms on debian

I had a similar problem. Install "alien".

#apt-get install alien

then you run this comand:

#alien --to-deb <wathver.rpm>

and it makes a .deb packege from the .rpm.

Finally, type:

# dpkg -i <name of the new .deb>

          If there where unreached dependencies, just open Synaptic and click the option to repair broken packages.

Hope I were helpfull,

Chao!

Matías.-

On 4/19/06, Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:11:20 -0500
"Ek Zindagoi" <ekzindagi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>  what are the ways I can build RPMs on Debian system ?? Can i use rpmbuild
> -bb command on a debian system ?
>
> Thanks,
> Dhanvi

Also look for a program called "checkinstall" It may help do what you
want. It can create debs & rpms

--
Rodney D. Myers < rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759

"La vida es una aplastante derrota tras otra, hasta que acabas deseando que se muera Flanders."
Homero Simpson

Dios es el único ser que para reinar no tuvo ni siquiera necesidad de existir.

Charles Baudelaire