javadoc like system for C wanted

I'm looking for some opensource software that will allow me to embed
documentation into C source files--similar to the way javadoc allows
documentation inside of Java source files.

Cweb, funnelweb and noweb are not what I'm looking for because they
require that the programmer write in a language other than C. I want to
write in C, not in web.

This is what I'm looking for:

/*********************************************
 * gobble - gobble some characters from a string
 *
 * param: str - the string to work on
 * param: pos - the initial position in the string to start
 *      gobbling
 * param: stopped - "points" to the next character in str
 *      to do more gobbling on
 *
 * Returns: (through the stopped parameter)
 *      If there are more characters to gobble, an index
 *      to the next character in str to gobble.
 *      If there are no more characters to gobble, -1.

void    gobble (const char * str, int pos, int * stopped)
{
}

Then I want to execute the tool to create the documentation for the
functions in my C source file:

$ tool gobble.c
--> tool: wrote gobble.html

I hope that something like this already exists. Preferably it would be
free (even opensource), and optimally I could install it using apt-get :)