Re: javadoc like system for C wanted

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 04:13:27PM -0500, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
} I'm looking for some opensource software that will allow me to embed
} documentation into C source files--similar to the way javadoc allows
} documentation inside of Java source files.
[...]
} I hope that something like this already exists. Preferably it would be
} free (even opensource), and optimally I could install it using apt-get :)

% apt-cache show doxygen

Package: doxygen
 Doxygen is a documentation system for C, C++ and IDL. It can generate an
 on-line class browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in
 LaTeX) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for
 generating man pages and for converting the generated output into
 Postscript, hyperlinked PDF or compressed HTML. The documentation is
 extracted directly from the sources.

--Greg