Re: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready [diagnosed]

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 16:46:58 +1000, John O'Hagan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 04:54 am, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > $ udevtest /class/net/eth0
> > main: looking at device '/class/net/eth0' from subsystem 'net'
> > wait_for_sysfs: file '/sys/class/net/eth0/address' appeared after 0 loops
> > udev_rules_get_name: rule applied, 'eth0' becomes 'lan'
> > rename_net_if: changing net interface name from 'eth0' to 'lan'
> > udev_add_device: renamed netif to 'lan'
>
> Instead of the last three lines, I got:
>
> 	udev_rules_get_name: no node name set, will use kernel name 'eth0'
>
> and likewise for the other interfaces, which made me think my rules were
> dodgy; I rechecked them, they were fine.
>
> Then I realized it wasn't the rules themselves, but the name of the link:
> 025_local_rules should have been  025_local.rules (which I'm sure yours is
> really called also) - obviously udev only reads files named this way.
>
> Thanks for a very thorough reply to a problem that was just a silly typo!

Ah yes, I find those kinds of mistakes are always the hardest to spot.
You worry so much about all the complicated issues that you do not see
anymore what is right before you. Perfectly demonstrated here by the
fact that I saw the proper filename on my laptop, even removed the link
and relinked correctly, but I still blithely copied your typo in my
reply without noticing it. Well, I am glad that it works now.

--
Regards,
          Florian