Re: Re: Install Debian 3.1 on a new Dell PowerEdge 2850

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 11:02 +0200, j@cobp.dk wrote:
> >Ugh. This information was for the 2.4 kernel. For 2.6, it's just 'megaraid'.
>
> >Cheers,
>
> >Paul.
>
> Hey Paul
>
> Thanks for your help, but can i include the megaraid from the
> installation CD, when i'm trying to install debian, or do I have to
> make a special kernel and make my own installation cd?
>
> Pleace help again, i'm new in Linux (Debian)

install sarge with 2.4 kernel and install a new 2.6 kernel from
backports. http://backports.org/instructions.html

or

use the unofficial 2.6.15 sarge installer from
http://kmuto.jp/b.cgi/debian/d-i-2615.htm

or

do a chroot install from any livecd with recent kernel.
make sure you install a recent kernel.
http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/DebianChrootInstall