Re: cdrom problem

On Sunday 16 April 2006 7:44 pm, Joseph Smidt so eloquently stated:
> When I try to mount something on my cdrom I get this error:  mount: special
> device /dev/scd0 does not exist
>
> When I type dmesg | grep CD I get no results.
>
> When I type lsscsi I get: [0:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      TOSHIBA MK1032GS
> AS02  -
>
> Does anybody know what I can do about these problems so I can mount things.

One of the things that I use to confirm how a CD/DVD is set up, is to try
"eject /dev/hdb", and BTW, why are you looking for them as scd0, mine are all
hdb, hdc, and hdd.

Maybe you are mounting the wrong device, or one that does not exist.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Onward, Through the fog!