No network on Tyan K8E S2865ANRF with Broadcom BCM5721 GbE controller and Debian 2.6.15

A recently purchased, and transition to, Tyan K8E S2865ANRF (single on boardNIC) socket 939 motherbaord has gone well except for getting the Broadcom BSM5721 NIC to work.

The kernel module that should support this NIC is the tg3 module. The kernel compiles fine, and I can modprobe the module, and the there are no error messages, but the interface refuses to come. Upon boot, DHCP complians about no interface being found.

Using ifup eth0 or pump fails. The only devices disabled in the BIOS are the on board sound, the two COM ports, and SATA raid.

With the previous hardware, I would load the SK-98xx module, type pump at the command line and all would be well. The interface would come up at boot also.

So I tried to in the Documentation/networking directory within linux-source-2.6.15. Can't find anything there regarding any Broadcom network controllers. Am I looking in the wrong place? After re-checking with Tyan's website, I found a page concerning linux support and this board. It's a FTP link to a file called BroadComLinux.rar. I was not able to un-rar that file with

Anyone using this NIC with success?