Re: trouble getting my wireless stuff to work

yes!

thanks all of your for your help and psychological support.

for what it's worth, the way points of the my experience:

the error:

	include/asm/processor.h:87: error: array type has incomplete element type

disappeared after i upgraded to the current stable kernel: '2.6.16.4'.

the kernel crash using the new kernel (with "can't access disk ... assign
correct 'root=' value"),  which followed my  blundering with 'apt-get install
pcmcia-modules' was due, seemingly, to the fact that the command changed my
grub file and left out the initrd image reference, teaching me once again
that even in the land of linux software there are bulls roaming around the
china shops.

iwconfig etc got proper results after i recompiled the kernel specifying
pcmcia support.

thanks again folks for your help.

yes!

tom arnall