Re: How do you grow brocolli?

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 00:05 +0100, Doofus wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> >>The product of a chemistry set.
> >>
> >>Why anyone would want to contaminate beautiful fresh crowns of organic
> >>broccoli with this I can't begin to imagine.
> >>
> >Real Americans don't eat fresh crowns of organic broccoli.
> >
> >Real Americans eat GM veggies covered in pesticides and harvested
> >by Illegals.
> >

> I know Ron, I just didn't want to come across like I was knocking what
> appears to an outsider as horrific US dietry habit. I see it every time
> I'm over there; frightening amounts of processed and "fast" food. And
> possibly worse, frightening *quantities* of it. The US obesity pandemic
> occasionally makes the news here in Europe. Alas, I think the UK may be
> heading steadily in the same direction.
>
> "harvested by illegals"   :O)
> This could be a marketing point: "Hand picked by Mexican virgins"

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the
first."
Ronald Reagan