Re: trouble getting my wireless stuff to work

Chris Lale wrote:

tom arnall wrote:

i am a linux newbie having trouble getting my wireless stuff to work. i am running debian on a toshiba satellite laptop. the wireless card is a d-link dwl-g650. i am looking for info on the latest debian methods for dealing with this technology.
Look at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebianSarge. Should also work fine for Etch/Sid.

Chris.

He's not on sarge, he's on etch (Testing). And his card doesn't need ndiswrapper, there's a native Linux driver for it (madwifi). The problem is that for some reason he can't get it to compile using etch's gcc.

Tom (Original Poster) -- I suggest you post a question to the home site of the Madwifi driver and ask if there's a different version for etch. They are very debian-friendly there so they'll know what you are talking about. If you tell them what version of gcc you are using and explain where you got the driver source from, they'll probably be able to help you out very quickly. Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you get this sorted -- please let me know what the solution was in the end.

Also, it might be worth a look at this: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/12/msg00477.html

Thanks

Mark