Re: How do I change default pdf viewer for firefox 1.5 ?

On Sunday 16 April 2006 2:19 pm, Maxim Vexler so eloquently stated:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm trying to configure the default application to be used when
> opening pdf files from FireFox. The current (default) application is
> /usr/bin/gpdf, I wish it to be /usr/bin/evince.
> I'm using Debian stable w/ backports.org.
> FireFox version 1.5.0.1 @ Gnome 2.8.3 as my desktop environment.
>
> To note that this is not the first time I tackle this issue.
> I've went through google several times by now, I've also tried to look
> at the FAQ of mozillazine. I asked for help at FireFox dedicated
> forums [1] with no luck.

Its also something I have tried to configure. The easy answer is that if you
have mozplugger installed, it exists in /etc/mozpluggerrc.

The hard part of the answer is that here's the code:

application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
        repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry +9000+9000
+useFrontEndProgram "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(gv) fill: gv --safer --quiet --antialias
-geometry+9000+9000 "$file"

While I see acroread, xpdf and gv are all supported, I only get xpdf to run.
And I have no understanding as to why, as I have had acroread on my machine
for years.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA