Re: Fwd: Can't launch Synaptic on Xandros [Was: Re: lyx-common 1.3.4-2 file has got a loop hole]

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
formless void <formlessv@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Andrei,

I can launch it under system console if I login as a
root , but the screen is not graphical though and the
function would be no difference to apt-get under
console terminal window, I guess.

Note: forwarded message attached.

I meant an x-terminal, not console without X. When you are
in graphical mode search through the K (start) menu for something like
"open console" or "open administrator console" (the root user in Xandros
is called console, to mimic windoze). In that console window you can
type commands and start even graphical programs. You can try something
simple to see if it works, like "konsole".

I had that trouble, it asked for the root password and then didn't
start, but could be started from a terminal window. It was another X
issue. Gone away now after an exhausting X-kicking session.