New user config questions

Hi and thanks for reading this post.

I have installed debian(Sarge but r0a ) on an older computer of
mine to learn more about it.  I know there is an r1 but I'll get that after
I get this one online.
It seems to have installed fine but I couldn't answer some questions it
asked at the time

My main two starter questions are:
1. How can I change the video driver information and/or settings?
I can only set it for 800 x 600 right now and it can do more.  I don't know
how to change what card it thinks is there and/or the driver for it.

2. I only have a wireless and it didn't seem to see it, how do I get it to
be seen?

thanks for your time
randy