Re: Old Software

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:44:00 +0000
"Lynn Kilroy" <leks_transportation@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Someone mentioned that newbies should go right to unstable, because newbies
> shouldn't have to play with old software.

I don't remember anyone suggesting that here, quite the contrary.

> Hon, I would go with stable because I don't want anymore headache than I
> absolutely need when dealing with my computer.  Windows is a pain in the
> arse, but it works, and the one I'm using {believe it or not} is 98 Second
> Edition.
>
> Hmmm.  Lot's of new software on my computer.

w98 is a bit too old for me (and unstable). I keep a w2k install for an
application I developed in MS Access and haven't been able to port yet.
OOo Base is still unreliable and too bloated (damn java) :(

> More favorites of mine are Railroad Tycoon Deluxe, One Must Fall 2097, and
> Transport Tycoon.  Hmmm.  I guess I'm just going to have to buy a brand new
> computer with a bleeding edge Windows on it, won't I?
>
> Oh!  I'm very nearly an expert QuickBasic programmer.  I would love to port
> that knowledge to c, but c has a really alien syntax that is hard to follow,
> and finding reference material for c appears to be next to impossible.  I
> guess all c programmers are part of some exclusive club that all went to
> harvard univerity on the coattails of their rich dads, huh?
>
> Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
> Lynn Erika Kilroy

Try python. I have some basic knowledge of VBA and python looks
very nice to me. I found some very good tutorials on the net.

Andrei
(Albert Einstein)