Old Software

Someone mentioned that newbies should go right to unstable, because newbies shouldn't have to play with old software.

Hon, I would go with stable because I don't want anymore headache than I absolutely need when dealing with my computer. Windows is a pain in the arse, but it works, and the one I'm using {believe it or not} is 98 Second Edition.

Hmmm.  Lot's of new software on my computer.

More favorites of mine are Railroad Tycoon Deluxe, One Must Fall 2097, and Transport Tycoon. Hmmm. I guess I'm just going to have to buy a brand new computer with a bleeding edge Windows on it, won't I?

Oh! I'm very nearly an expert QuickBasic programmer. I would love to port that knowledge to c, but c has a really alien syntax that is hard to follow, and finding reference material for c appears to be next to impossible. I guess all c programmers are part of some exclusive club that all went to harvard univerity on the coattails of their rich dads, huh?

Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
Lynn Erika Kilroy