Re: New user config questions

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

On Saturday 15 April 2006 17:56, Randy wrote:
My main two starter questions are:
1. How can I change the video driver information and/or settings?
I can only set it for 800 x 600 right now and it can do more.  I don't know
how to change what card it thinks is there and/or the driver for it.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
If you want a gui version, install and run synaptic (aptitude install synaptic), highlight xserver-xfree86, then
Package -> Configure...

2. I only have a wireless and it didn't seem to see it, how do I get it to
be seen?

What is your wireless card? Model of the wireless card can be found by 'lspci -vv'
Ndiswrapper allows Linux to use the Windows driver for your card (get this from the card's distribution CD or the manufacturer's website). Details at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebianSarge .

You may also find Debian NewbieDOC http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Articles useful.

Chris