Re: SATA RAID 0 in Debian

Michael Schurter wrote:
>> I've never worked with SATA RAID's in Debian (or Linux in general),
>> so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
>
> Let me rephrase: how do I setup SATA RAID 0 in Debian?

Were these set up using a hardware RAID controller? You may need to plug
them into a controller of the exact same model to get to the data. The
on-disk format is frequently not interchangeable from one RAID
controller to the next.

I suppose you could attempt to set up a Linux software RAID and present
these drives to it. I wouldn't count on it working, though. The Software
RAID Howto is a good place to start:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

cmr