Re: X programs crash with request_code 151

andrew@farwestbilliards.com (14 April 2006 03:38,
<[🔎] 20060414013823.GD14099@basement>) a écrit :
> there have been several reports identical to yours and it appears that
> another upgrade is required. Something that broke earlier has
> supposedly been fixed. I haven't made this upgrade yet so can't be
> sure, check the archives for yesterday and today.

yes, in fact I reported this as a bug to x11-com, and it got merged with
other reports on libxfixes3, where the bug is actually coming from. The
other reports had different error codes (152 while mine is 151) thus I
hadn't found them in my searches, and I had no clue which exact X library
this error was coming from. My report was quickly replied to, and then
downgrading libxfixes3 did solve the problem.
(on the mirrors I use, unstable hasnt yet replaced libxfixes 1:3.0.1.2-2
with a new, fixed version ; so downgrading it is the temporary solution
till that happens)

>> PS : two previous attempts at reaching the mailing list still haven't
>> produced any effect, 10 hours after sending the first mail. Is it me
>> or are some emails being blocked by the ML system ?? what does it take
>> to make it thru to this list ??
>
> you are getting through. are you subscribed?

no, I'm using gmane to read the list.
I had first sent a post with a trashmail.net adress, and waited 10 hours
before deciding it had been somehow blocked out. When trying other 'From's
I did not wait that long, and the delay in gmane made me think those were
still being blocked... ah well, sorry the duplicates. the ironical thing is
how I end-up putting 2 of my email adresses in a public list while
initially trying to protect from spam behind a trashmail alias :/

--
Samuel