Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 13:12 +0100, Doofus wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 00:34 +0100, Doofus wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 14:55 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Thursday 13 April 2006 13:22, Mike McCarty wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 08:46, John Hasler wrote:
[snip]
You've never heard the aphorism "never talk politics or religion
in the pub", have you?

Pubs these days (British ones, anyway) are brimming with people who'd say "bush" and "blair" are synonymous with "moron", and I also find that to be the case in general, worldwide. I can't speak with experience about the region east of Idaho and west of Ohio though, which I'd guess holds a different average view on this issue, but then I don't suppose that region is awash with debian users either.

So, "User Of Debian" implies "I think GWB is an idiot"?

No. Most people think he's an idiot. And most people think the reason TB's ears are so big is from chaffing them so regularly while extracting his head from George's sphincter. This is a common view, all over the world, as I've said. To appreciate that last sentence you must be aware that there's so much more to the world than the USA.

As for debian users being anti Bush... good grief Ron, what planet are you on? ;O) My closure was a liitle vague, I concede, but no more than a nod to the fact that this is obviously a debian community in which we're strangely flirting with political issues. So if I'm right in guessing the Great Conservative Mid West is a tad light in free software advocates then it seems likely that we won't see many flame throwers in here against the anti bush/blair brigade. I'd hate for this to become any more than a bit of light opinionated banter though. Politics... each to his own, eh?