Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 14:55 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 April 2006 13:22, Mike McCarty wrote:
> > Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > Too bad we can't make it carry the same undesirable connotations the
> > > rest of the 4 letter words carry.  Worse, they're actually proud of
> > > being one!
> >
> > Could we please take the political stuff elsewhere?
>
> What's the matter?  Truth hurt too much?

Humorous national jabbing is one thing, partisan politics is a way
different, poisoning issue.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind,
a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
Baruch (Benedict de) Spinoza