Re: dell partition cp/m ctos

L.V.Gandhi wrote:

> Thanks for the response. This laptop didn't come with OS recovery CD.
> further I as mentioned somewhere I searched OS recovery CD Making
> utility. That is also not there. That is my problem after deleting how
> to install windows back.
> I think the third partition is norton ghost backup of System. Is there
> any way to back up and restore method of this partition or create
> windows recovery cd before I delete and install debian?
> --
> L.V.Gandhi
> http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/
> linux user No.205042

Well, you could try booting up with the most recent knoppix live CD and
copy the partition you want to a remote computer and  then burn it to a
cd perhaps -- assuming you have a network. It is quite easy to find
links on how to do that.

I didn't do that. But I didn't want the partitions I deleted. In any
case, I would suggest making a dd of the small partitions and saving
them for future problems.

->HS