CyberPower UPS AE550 (550SL)

Hey, all.

I've picked up a CyberPower 550, and I'm wondering if there's any hope of
getting to to speak to my Debian Sarge box via USB? It shows up as follows:

usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using address 2
usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [CPS UPS AE550] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver

I'm relatively unfamiliar with NUT or other possibilities - I've only
ever used apcupsd, under NetBSD, before.

It would be good to know if someone has gotten one of these things to
speak intelligibly before...

Thanks in advance!

--
 Mason Loring Bliss         mason@blisses.org        http://blisses.org/
"I am a brother of jackals, and a companion of ostriches."  (Job 30 : 29)