Re: network connection

On 4/11/06, anonym ano <neuwiener@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I've just installed the Debian ech AMD 64 Version on a computer, which
> should be a server in the near future.
>
> These are my first serious steps with Linux, I have never set up such a
> system before, just worked with a postgresql database and setting up some
> cronjobs.
>
> So, I know that this will be a long way with a lot of learning. To secure
> the system, I want to follow the steps described under the following URL:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/index.de.html#contents
>
> But I want to do this over a putty connection. Unfortunetly, and now some
> you will be amused since I'm on my way of setting up a server, I can't get a
> connection from and to the machine. During the installation I thought there
> was a connection, for example to download the release file. What happened?
> Is something blocking some ports? If so, what do I have to do to be able to
> connect via putty and to be able to download some files with apt-get?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Mo

I'm not sure I follow what you have done so far, are you through with
the setup process or perhaps in the middle of it? If you have/had
network connection during the setup, the settings should be saved
after completion and you should have no problems at all.

--
Kim Christensen
kim.christensen@gmail.com