Upgrade xorg in Sid breaks link

I just did an upgrade of X in Sid. Numerous packages were removed and
installed (can't remember them all). During the installation a message
appeared saying that the link /etc/X11/X was being redirected to
/bin/true. No idea why this was done but the result was that X would no
longer start. I therefore remade the link to point to /usr/bin/X11/Xorg
and everything worked again.

Question: why was the link remade in this way? Bug in some package, but
which?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian