Re: trouble getting my wireless stuff to work

my card has 'B4' on the back.

rest inline.

thanks,

tom arnall
north spit, ca

> Looks like whether or not there's a working Linux
> driver for your wireless card depends on the hardware
> revision of your particular card. For your card there
> appear to be 3 revisions and only 1 (C1) is reported
> to have a working native Linux driver. Check out this
> link to help you figure out which revision you have:
> http://support.dlink.com/products/DWLG650.asp
>
> If you are lucky and have the C1 revision, use the
> MadWiFi Linux driver. If not, try the Prism or Madwifi
> drivers and if you can't get them to work,

i downloaded the host ap driver for the Prism chipset and tried to compile it.
the compile was unsuccessful. the error messages are excerpted here:
	.
	.
	.
               	  from include/linux/module.h:10,

from /home/kloro/linux/hostap-driver-0.4.7/driver/modules/hostap.c:21:
	include/asm/processor.h:87: error: array type has incomplete element type
	In file included from include/linux/netdevice.h:151,
               	  from include/linux/if_arp.h:26,
	.
	.
	.
	make[2]: *** [/home/kloro/linux/hostap-driver-0.4.7/driver/modules/hostap.o]
Error 1
	make[1]: *** [_module_/home/kloro/linux/hostap-driver-0.4.7/driver/modules]
Error 2
	make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-386'
	make: *** [2.6] Error 2

 fall back

-