Re: Experimenting with Debian

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 11:31, Toby Satchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting up a dual boot with debian and want to experiment with it
> as a desktop. I am wondering which would be the best version to go for,
> Stable, Testing , Unstable. I run Stable at the moment with for a
> server, but wondering if testing would be a better option for a desktop
> as I would also like to implement steam under wine(and the other one I
> can't remember at the moment)
>
> Can somebody with some experience please offer some advice.

This used to be a frequent question on this list and I had the same questions
when I started using Debian. So I wrote an FAQ on this which can be found at

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html

After reading this, if you have more questions, please let me know. Then I
will
change the FAQ accordingly. Input from new users is very important for such
FAQs.

hth
raju

--