how do I upgrade while I sleep?

Hi folks. How do I upgrade while I sleep? Or, more specifically, how do I set it up so that all the questions about scripts that have been changed, which are different from the package maintainers scripts, asking if it should keep the current version, or install the new one, blah blah blah.... the default is ... Hell, what do I know? I'm a desktop user who's too cheap to buy Windows; so, I go with Linux (I am going to donate some cash SPI, however). So I always choose the default answer. How can I set up my upgrade from Sarge to Etch, to run while I'm sleeping, without it asking me stupid questions that I don't give a shit about? Just have it upgrade, and not bother me, fer Christ's sake. Aw, then I can just sleep. Blissful sleep.

Also, is Etch now sane? Last time I tried an upgrade, it gave me all this crap about the new udev requiring a new kernel, but I couldn't install the new kernel, because it required the new udev (I'm sure the obvious catch-22 was a practical joke played by some asshole -- I can't imagine anyone actually making such a blatantly obvious, inane error honestly).