Re: cups upgrade to testing -- slow printer

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:19:38PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I upgraded my printer server to testing a few days ago.
>
> The cups printer now takes about 1 hour to print a color page to my inkjet
> printer but it is still printing on <20 seconds on my laser printer.
>
> Specifically the printer is an HP2210 inkjet fax/copy/print thingy.
>
> I don't see anything sticking out as obvious, but this is kind of a problem
> considering a two page job will take hours to complete.
>
> The really disturbing bit is that a copy on the same printer takes just as
> long as the print jobs do (40 minutes or more).  And I'm assuming that the
> printer isn't requiring anything from the server to do this one...  Dead
> printer?

Well, with the copying taking 40 minutes as well, its surely something
internal to the printer. Not to say the upgrade didn't 'cause' the
problem in the first place, but its surely local to the printer at this
point. go to HP's website. they have instructions on how to do a full
reset of a lot of their printers there. Different combinations of
unplugging (not just turning off) and also disconnecting the connection
to the computer as well as certain combinations of buttons on the
contral panel will do it. Basically, it'll reset the onboard registers
of the printer. might do the trick.

hth