Re: How often should I fsck my ext3 partition?

listrcv wrote:

Sorry to reply to you, but I can't find the message you
replied to.

Greg Folkert wrote:

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 02:59 -0400, Brad Sawatzky wrote:

If you're really stuck (ie. remote access to your box and you suspect fs
damage), get as close to single-user as you can (shutdown what you can
without hosing your connection), remount ro and give it a shot.  (Having
/var and /home on separate partitions would help minimize problems.) Not recommended though.

Having /var and /home on separate partitions is not
advisable/recommended?

What he said is that remounting ro and trying is not recommended.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.