Re: tex broken

Thank you for your response.

Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> The same version of pdfetex works fine for me. (Debian Sid, "tetex-bin"
> package version 3.0-16)

Yes, I am using the same version.

> Did you try to specify the full path explicitly,
> starting from root, e.g. "latex /home/username/directory/template.tex"?

Good idea. I did so, and it worked...but, then proceeded to request
the paths of every tex component it needed to compile the file.

> I have the suspicion that something is screwed up in the search paths of
> your tex installation. You could try to reconfigure or reinstall the
> tetex packages and "libkpathsea3" or "libkpathsea4". (I don't know any
> specifics about the texlive packages, unfortunately.)

I have purged and reinstalled everything tex related (that I know of),
including libkpathsea4, but the problem persists. What else might
effect the tex search paths?

Thank you,

-David