Re: xorg config-problem -- no mouse (on laptop with synaptics touchpad)

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:00:52AM +0200, Søren Christensen wrote:
> I just made an dist-upgrade from Sarge to Etch. I switched from
> XFree86 to Xorg, but it will not start.

[...]

> No core pointer
>
> The problem seems to be the mouse or touchpad. The computer is a laptop
> (Compaq Presario 2100), no mouse connected. Before dist-upgrade there was
> no problem.

from XF86Config-4(5x):

   Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "boolean"
	  This allows the server to start up even if the mouse
	  device can't be opened/initialised.  Default: false.

True should definitely be the default, but it's not, so you have to put
it in there.