Re: How often should I fsck my ext3 partition?

Thanks for your answers!

Ali Milis wrote:
Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

The debian default of my sarge installations is that the ext3-FS are
fsck'ed about every 30 mounts or 180 days (whatever comes first).

180 days is reasonable for new disks.
Perhaps you would like to lower it when your disk goes old.

Did you know "SmartMontTools"?

Yes, I've been using it for quite a while now; never seen problems.

I'm using sarge; as long as I won't start experimenting with new kernels, I will just increase the count to say 90 mounts and have the laptop checked more than once per month.

Johannes