Re: Printing on an MS printing network at work...?

Xeno Campanoli wrote:
Say, where I work we have what appears to be a print network set up for MS stuff, and my default configurations don't seem to allow me to say, print the same web page I can in FF on XP. Is there some trick to this? Perhaps is there a setup program? I'm using Ubuntu and Fedora

You are a little vague on what exactly you want, but I'll guess...

(1) You have a Linux machine connected to a local network
(2) On the network are some WinXP machines
(3) One or more of the WinXP machines has an attached printer
(4) One or more of these printers is "shared"
(5) You would like to use one or more of these printers from Linux

You need to investigate SAMBA, which will do that. The setup tools
are somewhat different on Fedora (I use FC2) and Debian (which my
girlfriend uses). I have set up something like this with a Debian
machine using a share owned by a Win95 machine. I don't recall the
exact steps, but it was not difficult.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.