Re: Using Ubuntu when I'm used to Debian.

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:20:08PM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

[snip]

No. I object to most configuration "wizards", but not because I want to hand-edit text files by hand, using emacs. Or vi. Or nano. Or even (does anyone remember?) teco. I've been able to make very little sense

[snip]

The fellas used to type their girlfriend's names into TECO to see what
it would do to a text file. A lot like vi in that respect. I've used
it on a DEC KAL10 and DEC KAL20 using TOPS10/TOPS20.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.