filename prefixes while transfering images from memory cards

Hi,

In gtkam, and maybe also in digikam, when we connect a camera and
download images to the hard disk, we can specify the destination folder
and also filename prefixes (along with dates IIRC) and get appropriate
image file names, e.g. 20060404_funpicnic.jpg. This is very helpful in
sorting the pictures.

I was wondering, can this be done when I am transfering images from a
memory card (through a card reader) instead of from a camera directly?

->HS