Re: ipod nano gtkpod

On Mon, April 3, 2006 11:46 pm, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 11:32:48AM +0000, ilaboo wrote:
>
>> i cannot synchronice itunesdb
>
> Odd.  Are you doing a "read" before trying to do anything?  It took me a
> bit of playing to get it to work at first, but I find that if, as soon
> as I plug the ipod in, I open gtkpod and click 'read' it works.  Give it
> some time, too--I've thought it was crashed when it was still working.
> Especially if it's not on an USB 2 port.

How much data are you syncing?  I've got ~15GB of data on mine and the "read"
command responds almost instantaneously.  It doesn't ever take longer than 60
seconds.

I had issues getting it to read at first as well, once I defined my
mountpoint correctly everything worked just fine though.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for
Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other
Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.