Making Emergency bootable CD on Debian 3.1 2.4.27 kernel

Title: Making Emergency bootable CD on Debian 3.1 2.4.27 kernel

1. On Dell PowereEdge 2800 server (no floppy) on this system, I would like to make emergency bootable CD so that I can bring up the machine using OLD kernel in case there is problem in booting using new compiled kernel( I have to recompile the kernel using HIGHMEM64G=y in order toaccess 8GB memory on system). I want to prepare myself, in case there is a problem with new OS. I am using GRUB as boot loader.

uname -a
Linux arqiozone 2.4.27-2-686-smp #1 SMP Wed Aug 17 10:05:21 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

2. Similary on my laptop (no CD drive on it), I would like to make emergency floppy disk. The laptop is running Debian 3.1 with 2.4.27 kernel.

 A. I tried mkboot, unfortunately it works only for LILO. Is there any similar tool for GRUB in Debian World?.

Is the following logic OK to make emergency bootable floppy OR there is anyother better way?

1.Edit my current /boot/menu.lst file to include followingb (put before my first "title statement" i.e section pertaining to booting from hard disk) :

title  booting Debian from floppy disk
root fdo
chainloader Ư
2. Put floppy in drive and type following :
 dd if=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686 of=/dev/fd0 bs=8192

3. Turn off system. Put the floppy in and turn the power on. It should be able to boot from floppy… I hope.

Thanks a lot.
Balbir Pabla