Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

On 2006-04-03, kamaraju kusumanchi penned:

> The advantages I see are
>
> (1) A web interface to subscribe/unsubscribe and change
> mail/digest/no email options. So we will not see those unsubscribe
> emails.

I forgot to mention that this is hopelessly optimistic.  I belong to a
few yahoo groups.  They are also maintained via easy web interfaces.
And yet people regularly post unsubscribe requests to the group.

The only way to possibly prevent people from posting inappropriate
unsubscribe requests is to cut off their hands and ban them from using
voice recognition software.  I'm sure an enterprising few would still
find a way.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: