Re: mod_perl Not Working W/ Apache2 on Sid

Hal Vaughan wrote:
I'm just trying to run a simple test set up, so I don't have to keep uploading every little change to my web server. I've had Apache2 working for a while, and today I added mod_perl (aptitude install libapache2-mod-perl2). My /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load looks like this:

LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so

<Directory /perl >
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
   Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

(I saw a sample with another line in it, after the first line (PerlModule Apache2) but Apache2 would not load with that line included.)

The root server directory is /var/www and I have a perl script in /var/www/perl. When I try to access it with Firefox, it tries to download it instead of the script being executed. I've tried changing the directory do /var/www/perl in the config, but that doesn't help.

(I use /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload between each test.)

All I want to do is test a few simple scripts on my local system and make sure they're working before I put them on a server. I don't need anything fancy, I'm not worried about speed. I just need them to run.

What is wrong or mis-configured?  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hal

I got Apache 2 to work with

PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry