Re: Using Ubuntu when I'm used to Debian.

Hi Phillipe:

One issue that comes up is the way Ubuntu uses the sudo command.
During installation, newcomers (with prior experience in Linux) are caught off guard when they are not asked to set up a root account and password. It can be unnerving. A root password CAN be set up, though. And tasks that newcomers may have used the root account for in the past can also be done *by issuing the sudo command as a user*.
As an example to make a root password:
	As a user, enter a terminal and type:
	sudo passwd root
	Ubuntu thinks it over and then asks for your user password...

To alter the fstab file
	As user, enter a terminal and type:
	sudo vi /etc/fstab
	Ubuntu ask for your user password...

It seems a bit twisted compared to other systems and some people are steamed by it.