[smarty-gettext] with PHP5 on Sarge

Hi,

I would like to install smarty-gettext, with php5, on a Sarge host.

I have installed in the Sarge host these precompiled packages:
  apache2              2.0.54    from Sarge
  libapache2-mod-php5  5.0.5     backport to Sarge
  smarty               2.6.9     from Sarge
  gettext-base         0.14.4    from Sarge

smarty-gettext is in 'testing' and 'unstable' but it depends on php4-cli. How
to install it on this Sarge host. Should I compile and install smarty-gettext
by hand?.

Any advice about using other set of packages is welcome.

Regards,
Davi