Re: USB Card Reader.

Justin Guerin wrote:

In any case, the partition contains information about how the device is formatted, so if you use the wrong type, you'll get an error that says something like "wrong fs type", not "invalid block device".

Considering the block device exists, the only reason I would think this comes up is if udev created the device node incorrectly,
How could I check this?

or if you can't read it. I notice the permissions are 0660, group floppy. Are you in the floppy group?
I'm in the floppy group.

The one way I can think of to check if the card is still good (and full of pictures) is to connect the camera through the serial port. I was hoping to avoid that....

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.